“Residential cleaning companies want to make houses smell pretty. As a commercial cleaning company, we want to make homes so spotless that you can put silverware right in the drawers,” says Lissette Polanco-Wolf, Business Development-Construction with Total Cleaning.
You might think hiring a residential cleaning company for your post-construction job makes the most sense. However, ensuring brand-new homes are move-in ready is no simple task–it requires knowledge of proper cleaning products and extreme attention to detail to carefully touch every surface, including hard-to-reach areas, removing dirt, dust, and debris from every corner of the home. Post-construction jobs also require a reliable, professional team, including a Project as well as site manager who ensures everyone is accountable for their work. That’s why it’s critical to work with an experienced cleaning company that understands the chemistry of cleaning and can oversee your project from start to finish.
Residential Companies vs. Commercial Cleaning Companies
Residential cleaning companies do a great job at home maintenance, but they operate very differently from commercial cleaning companies for post-construction jobs:
Standard residential cleaning Companies
- Small crew
- No onsite supervisor or supervision
- Basic equipment and cleaning methods
- Lack of post-construction experience
- Limited availability
- Basic services
- Only use Multiuse products
Commercial cleaning companies
- Larger staff
- Supervisor present
- Specialized equipment that protects surfaces
- Trained to be detail-oriented
- Available nights and weekends
- Custom services like trash hauling
- Trained on Post Construction Cleaning SOPs
- Carefully follows SDS sheets
Standard Residential Cleaning Companies
Residential cleaning companies typically treat all jobs the same, deploying one to three people to each site with basic supplies; brooms, mops, buckets, and sponges. This approach works for the daily maintenance of small properties but isn’t enough to thoroughly clean a home after construction work, especially custom homes that generally have a lot of exotic and expensive wall cladding and detail. Additionally, post-construction homes have specific issues like stucco residue, excessive dust in and on lighting and plumbing fixtures, and paint and caulking on windows that require special attention. Unfortunately, it is typical, residential cleaning companies don’t train staff on how to properly extract the dust and care for these materials.
Working with residential cleaning companies may save money in the short term, but it can also present damaging risks. For instance, typical cleaning services staff will arrive with a multipurpose cleaner and use it everywhere without thinking about how the solution could affect your newly installed stone from Italy. Unknowingly, this could leave a greasy film that takes extra time and resources to remove. Additionally, they may spray your sliding doors with Windex without checking for dust first. If they spray before extracting the dust particles, they can scratch and damage the glass.
Finally, residential cleaning companies aren’t always available outside regular business hours. This can be an inconvenience when you’re working around homebuyers’ schedules.
Post-Construction Commercial Cleaning Companies
Commercial cleaning companies like Total Cleaning have experience covering large properties and know how to clean and sanitize various materials safely. Having the correct equipment and knowing when to use it are essential factors when cleaning a home post-construction. In addition, commercial cleaning companies have advanced equipment such as Hepa Vacuums to remove small dust particles, and high-speed buffers, that can thoroughly cover more space while still gentle on expensive floorings.
Most post-construction cleaning work is detail-oriented and requires close examination. Fortunately, commercial companies have the training to inspect glass and framework for residue before they spray. And, if needed, they know how to remove the dirt and dust carefully without damaging the surface. They also are trained to look beyond the surface and clean in the hard-to-reach or hidden areas.
Most importantly, commercial cleaning companies always have the resources needed to provide next-level service. This starts with a project manager who creates the initial plan and includes a supervisor to oversee the project. Commercial companies work as quickly as possible, but they won’t rush to complete a job in one day if the project requires a more comprehensive approach. Instead, they’ll assign a crew of five to eight technicians who spend up to three days immaculately cleaning a single property.
Why Total Cleaning for Post Construction Cleaning
The next obvious question is, how do you qualify and select the best post-construction cleaning company?
Here we review eight essential attributes that make Total Cleaning stand out amongst commercial firms for custom home projects.
- Project management. Total Cleaning starts every job by sending a project manager to walk through the site before technicians are scheduled to arrive. The project manager then appoints a team of trained post-construction technicians, including a supervisor, to execute the plan and hold them accountable. So no matter how big or small the job, you will have a consistent crew and supervisor who ensures you’re happy with the results.
- Quoting process. We believe the quoting process is critical to establishing a transparent plan and budget from the start. That’s why we conduct a free onsite inspection that covers everything you need. Then we deliver a thorough and accurate quote you can trust.
- We’ve been in business for 30 years and have a proven track record working with some of the best South Florida contractors. We only assign construction cleaning crews with the necessary training, expertise, and supervision to deliver a higher standard of service that new custom homes require.
- Background checks. Our technicians are vetted; only technicians who have passed the proper background checks and always wear uniforms on job sites. We take recruiting seriously because we want to ensure a culture of integrity, accountability, and consistency.
- We spend significant time and resources training staff to deliver advanced hygiene services. In addition, we continually invest in ongoing education and benefits, so employees have the knowledge to outperform competitors and keep buildings and homes clean and safe.
- We use specialized software to keep clients up to date on the project, providing before and after photos in every room. We also assign a dedicated supervisor to you seven days a week for any issues, including weekends and after-hour emergencies.
- With 450 technicians in the South Florida area, we provide quick response times and flexible schedules. If you need a fast turnaround, we do our best to visit your construction site the same day for an onsite inspection and have a crew available for the next day.
- Repeat business. Building great relationships takes consistency. Most clients continue to work with Total Cleaning again and again because we do the job well and on time.
Our Post Construction Services
Total Cleaning offers comprehensive services to get your custom home ready for prime time.
Here’s what you can expect from a Total Cleaning crew:
- Trash and debris removal, including leftover materials that construction crews leave behind or large items like couches and appliances
- Professional disinfection that meets the “GBAC” Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s outbreak prevention against bacterial and viral threats, including COVID-19
- Pressure cleaning exterior surfaces
- Precious-stone cleaning
- Detailing all glass windows, doors, tracks, and frames
- Polishing, stripping, and waxing floors
- Deep carpet cleaning
- Bathroom cleaning of tubs, showers, tile walls, vanities, sinks, and toilets
- Kitchen cleaning of cabinets, countertops, and appliances
It’s Easy to Get Started
With over 30 years of commercial cleaning experience in South Florida, we know what it takes to get a post-construction project ready, from tenant improvements and renovations to new ground-up construction. That means not only sparkling aesthetics but also a disinfected and safe place for everyone who walks through the door. Once we establish a plan to make your business or new home move-in ready, we’ll assign a dedicated supervisor to make it happen.
Call us today.